- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Flo plumbing & Heating
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials + 25%) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable.
4. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials, and shall be within 10% over and above the equivalent total hourly rate cost.
5. Where a written quotation has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
(iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
(i) to (iv) The above will only be carried out with the express agreement of the customer.
6. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
7. Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(c) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts.
8. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer or completion, whichever is specified in the quotation. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the annual interest rate of 3% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
9. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials, where the late or non-delivery is due to circumstanes beyond our control.
10. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) and the name of the third party appears on the written quotation.
11. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any reasonable costs incurred by the company. This does not affect any statutory cancellation rights the consumer may have under the Consumer Contracts (etc.) Regulations 2013. The cancellation period for contracts is
14 days after the day on which the contract
11.a. If you wish to cancel, please complete the Cancellation Form which can be downloaded HERE.
12. If, after the Company carry out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects a consumer’s rights under the Consumers Rights Acts 2015.
13. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
(c) guarantees are not insurance backed
14. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of any Gas Warning Notice issued.
15. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise, other than the statutory rights available to consumers under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
16. Engineers operate under their own Corgi Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
17. The Company shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any operative/engineer/contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work, unless the contractor is working on behalf of the company.
18. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
19. Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
20. Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
(ii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer
21. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations in these circumstances.
22. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
23. When pressurising an old heating and water system there is a chance the pipework, radiators and any old existing valves and taps may not withstand the change in pressure. Flo Plumbing & Heating will not be held responsible for any existing faulty parts mentioned above when pressurising the system unless the company has been negligent.
24. Any finance figures or examples quoted here or within Flo Plumbing & Heating communications is purely representative and will be recalculated on a per-case basis with individual quotations. The price quoted reflects the chosen boiler and installation only, and does not include quotations for unexpected gas and gas system repairs, upgrades or changes to boiler location which may be discovered when installing the boiler.
25. These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
26. If you wish to complain about services provided by Flo Plumbing & Heating, please follow our Complaints Procedure which you can download here.